Wednesday, April 6, 2011

High - Five

Been wondering for a few days what to blog about. Life just seems to be full of crap and it just keeps piling and piling. You get through one problem and it seems as if there are two new ones. Just focusing on all your problems is enough to bring anyone down. I for one am tired of blogging about the difficulties I am going through. This is going to be a happy blog post :) For the last few days I have been looking for reasons to be happy  And that gave me the idea for this blog. I am going to post 5 things that make me happy. So that whenever I feel down, I can go back to this post and see that its not so bad. So, lets get on with it:

1. Series

I have been a tv-series addict for a very long time.Grey's Anatomy, Glee,  Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Friends are among my top favorite series. Whenever I watch a show, all my issues seem irrelevant. I get totally absorbed in what's happening with the characters. I feel their pain and happiness. And the best part is that in just 40 minutes, they are able to solve their problems. Which sort of gives me hope that bad times will go away. Moreover, watch series such as Friends and Glee and its literally impossible to be depressed anymore.

2. Music

Best creation of mankind. Even though listening to music is a sin in Islam, I dont think I can ever let go of it. Music is a part of my soul. All day long I have ear phones plugged in. Music has the power to change your mood more than anything. You can go from depressed to happy by just changing the track. Dance has always been one of my passions. So whenever I play a dance number, I just cant stop myself from shaking my groove thing :p And whenever I am alone at home, I put on music,sing and dance. Its so liberating! Happy times.

3. Gym

Two years ago if you had told me I would become a gym lover, I would have laughed. But now, I am slowly becoming addicted to it. If I dont go any day, I start feeling guilty as if I am doing something wrong. I read in an article that physical exercise releases endorphins in your brain which are like stress releasers. So you end up feeling positive instead of sad. This has actually been tested by me. Yesterday I was totally down and didnt feel like doing anything. Still I went to the gym and when I came home, I realized my mood had lifted. Also, when you see your body getting shapely, it alone is enough to make you happy :p

4. Chris.

Chris has been my soul mate friend since childhood. He is the one I go to whenever I need 2 vent about anything. Talking to him makes my problems look smaller and easier to over-come. He always listens quietly while I rant and babble. And once I am done, I feel so light. Technically he isnt a "thing". But he is someone who cheers me up.

5. Fireworks

Ok I know this one is really weird and some people might think it as lame. But there is something really enchanting about fireworks. We had a firework competition in Oman in December. Australia, Italy and France were among the competing countries. The competition was held at a park and would start at 8. People would be yapping, children would be crying and the park would be full of hustle and bustle. But once the show started, everyone would just shut up. And for the next 30 minutes, the whole world would stop existing for me and I would be totally lost in the beautiful shapes, designs and colors of the fireworks. And God knows why, but it always left me with a warm and glowy bubble inside me.

So that was my list of 5 things that cheer me up. Now you should think of 5 things that make you happy. Everybody's life is full of problems. Everybody gets down. It's necessary to remind yourself of things that make you happy.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its been ages since I visited ur blog (without u asking tht is :P) & I am so glad to read this post.. cuz lately I've been going thru sorta downer phase.. :P bt I jst try & keep counting on the 'blessings' that I already have, to try n nt be sad abt whts nt thr..

    I'd say ditto on 1 & 2.. (do send me ur playlist, dnt 've ny new songs wid me, n getting bored of ol ones :P)

    others include my family (I am wht I am cuz of them & cnt stop thankin enough fr them being so easy to tlk to tht I could come out to them.. )

    thn 3 of my frnds wid whom i share almost everythin going on in my life n they do understand it also - You (bt ofcourse ;)), Gibben(did tell u abt him) & my roommate(u knw abt him too :P).. :)

    & Chocolate!! esp dark chocolate :D anything chocolaty.. bars/pastries/ice-creams/biscuits/yogurt.. u name it! :) Best thing gifted to manking ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah so u have appeard again :)u r goin thru a down phase? i need all d deets :)bout d playlist, will send it 2 u soon. oooh choc is also on my list. but it doesnt make me happy as such. it just makes my tongue happy :P thnx 4 droppin by

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Movies/ Series
    2. Music
    3. Bright lights of Chritmas
    4. Mom's cooking
    5. Ocean

    That me,

    ReplyDelete