Monday, January 24, 2011

Back With A Bang!

Hey peeps! Sorry for being missing in action for such a long time. Things had been going rough for me and I was trying to cope with it the best I could. Lemme just brief you on all that hapenned in the past few weeks.

1. I had a job interview which kinda sucked but to my surprise I have been called tomorrow for meeting the CEO of the company. God knows why. My standards arent so high that I would require only the CEO to reject me :P

2. It has been raining in Oman for the last 2,3 days. THANK GOD for that. Oman usually has only two seasons, Summers and more Summers. So when it rains, its like a huge deal for me coz I just LOVE the rain :)

3. Glee won 3 Golden Globes for which I am SO delighted! Also I found out that it has been made official, Anne Hathaway is gonna be Kurt's lesbian aunt on Glee :D She is one woman for whom I can be straight. Well she and Diana Agron ofcourse :P

4. FINALLY I can see changes in my body due to gymming. Its been a year and I was getting so de-motivated. But now I am gonna hit the weights with all that I got.

5. Lastly, I was dating a guy for around a month and a few days ago it ended.

Yup, if you havent guessed already, the last point was the reason of me going through a rough patch. But before I get into details, a little background. My last relation was with Aiden and when that ended, I swore never to get involved and then heart broken by anyone. The feeling of being rejected really sucks. So I have been chatting with a few guys, there have been meetings as well. But strictly friendship. Around December I met this guy on Facebook and we started exchanging emails. We just clicked. Rarely do I have chemistry with someone. And with him I felt real comfortable. So after a month of exchanging emails, we met and it was a wonderful date. Coffee and then walk on the beach. Just perfect. A few days ago we met again. I went to his place and we watched a movie. It all seemed good. But on that date I realized that we dont have a future. Also there was an issue coz I am a Muslim and I try to observe Islamic practices as much as I can. And I dont think he understood that. Dont get me wrong, the guy is a great person. But we both understood that we had to stop dating.

Goin a little off topic now. I have been reading articles on the net and people's comments on them and it made me realize how much racism there is towards Muslims. It really upset me that people tend to judge the whole community based on the actions of a few individuals. But all that is for another post. Anyways, when it ended with this guy coz of religious issues, it kinda hit me pretty hard. No, I dont love him or anything. Which is why I couldnt understand either that why was I so down. I guess maybe I felt rejected and the reaction of people against Islam all got mixed up. Also, I tend to get attached to people real quickly. So i cut off from everyone and shut myself totally coz people kept asking me whats wrong and I literally couldnt bring myself to talk about it.



Everytime I have faced a hurdle or a heartbreak, I keep giving myself pep talks. I cant talk to my family or friends coz they dunno I am gay. Sure Chris knows but he is busy in his own life. So its me alone. And I try to be my own support system. Usually I am able to pull myself through. But after seeing so many ups and downs, this time I was out of pep talks. I was moody, snappish and didnt wanna talk to anybody. Yesterday I got up and something felt different. I realized I am tired of being depressed! Sure life sucks and instead of getting better, sometimes it gets worse. But there comes a point when you just get sick of feeling down. You can either wallow in self pity or you can try to make lemon pies. I choose to make lemon pies. So even though life keeps throwing crap at me, I am gonna face it, straighten my shoulders, head held high, smile and say to Life.................


Aaah. Picture is worth thousand words. Or atleast enough for the what I wanted to say. And yes, in case you are wondering, the pic is mine. Till the next post, Adios.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo'.. I've a lot to say in response to this post.. bt right now I'm "moody, snappish and didnt wanna talk to anybody" because of wht the guy above jst did....
    - so may be nxt week.. ;) :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!

    I gave you an award....do chck it out!

    http://www.gophunkyourself.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-got-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Eros, its always a miracle, u dropping by :) well i am waiting 4 all dat u wanna say.

    @ Phunkster, thnx alot man! appreci8 it

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey bud there has been over a weeks delay in commenting on the post.. i had read it somewhere around last week and as it was very late in the night so thought of posting later..which i don't remember rite now. Sorry for the delay.

    1. Do let me know what happened of the interview.

    2. Even i love water and go crazy when it rains a BIG >>>HUG<<< to you. i wish we cud dance in the rains together like the kids do...full masti.

    3. Hey u HOT and becoming HOTTER by the day. keep it up. Agar aisa hi chalta raha den u gonna give tough competition to my GYM instructor(i think u know the story.. i dunno if it was you or Eros with whom i shared the story).

    4. And lastly a tight >>>HUG<<< and a kiss for picking yourself up after falling. one thing i like about u is that u don't have any bad things to say about your relationships. And i am so PROUD of you. A BIG HUG to you..(Don't mind today i m being a little hugsy bugsy).

    Me also in the process of writing another post on my blog..Have fun and take care..

    CHEERS!! Enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon Pie, hmmm never tried one. So when should i drop in ?, but are you sure you can cook??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!

    I know it's been long since I last wrote to you..!

    But yes, I would like to comment upon the fact that relationships are really the worst part of a person's life at times. And, for me... they are supposed to be the best part of your life, like something which would keep you going through thick and thin. Not something that would pull you back and make you feel like you are useless.

    I loved the way you pulled yourself up.

    Keep writing!

    Take care..

    ReplyDelete