Thursday, October 21, 2010

If Only He Was Gay

One thing that you should know about me is that I am not exactly the friendliest guy on earth. I am reserved but not rude. If someone asks me something, I politely answer. But I dont make friends easily. I have seen many people who gell up with other people in a matter of minutes. I need my time to get comfortable with the other person.

I started going to the gym around 8 months ago. Now a gym is a place where apparently people make friends. I just wanted to get a good physique. So I used my best weapon to block out everyone at the gym. My headphones. I realized that if you keep listening to music and have earphones plugged in your ears, people tend not to disturb you. So far I was being successful. Ofcourse I am not exactly an ass you know. I do say hi hello to people that I have been seeing for a long time in the gym. A few days ago, one of these guys made an effort to take it to the next level. Lets call him Fred. He is an Omani and doesnt speak fluent english but he told me that he wants to work out with me so we can help each other out. Initially for like 2,3 seconds I didnt know what to say. Someone was trying to get through my barriers! But I felt rude in declining so I said ok while wondering that how on earth are we gonna talk coz I dunno Arabic and he is not well versed in English!

Anyways we started working out the next day. It was kinda ok. But then after that we couldnt meet up for 2,3 days due to my classes. Yesterday we were both at the gym and again he said he wanted to work out together! Crap. I was kinda hoping it wouldnt come up again. So we met today and worked out together. It was.....different. He helped me out whenever it was getting difficult for me. The most wierd part was when we were doing chest exercises. I would lie on the bench and he would come and stand over my head with his legs apart and his crotch a little to close to my face!! I would keep repeating "I hate this position" in my head! When we changed positions, I would make extra efforts to keep my distance from his face. But Fred didnt seem to notice how close he always came!



After the workout, we both left. My house is at a 10 minutes walk from the gym and I always go back walking. When I saw Fred in his car, I started staring towards the ground and walking quickly so that the "shall I drop you" part doesnt come. I was walking by the lane on which the cars were coming. He was on the lane on which the cars were going. I kept walking and then suddenly this car came from behind and stopped right near my legs!! I looked back with a "what the fuck?!" expression and saw him grinning! He had actually come after me and instead of stopping on the opposite road and just honking and getting my attention, he came on the wrong side of the road and stopped his car! To make matters worst, there was already a car on this road and Fred was in his way now. I looked at Fred, he offerred to drop me even though my house would be out of the way for him. I declined. He insisted. I again said thank you but declined coz my house was nearby. So he smiled and left. Meanwhile the other guy just waited while we talked and kept glaring at Fred! Oops :P

After all this when I came home, I was thinking how romantic it is to be treated like this. That someone goes out of their way (literally in my case :P) to be nice to you. Sighs. If only he was gay......it would've felt like a movie. But after my past relation fiascos, I am so not making any more assumptions. If someone likes me, they gotta say it to my face instead of making me guess. Anyways I am not even saying he was gay and this is his romantic gesture. I am just sayin that....if felt nice. And I enjoyed it :)

10 comments:

  1. Well... This really made an enjoyable ride while reading! The guy's definitely into you..! Otherwise, in my opinion he wouldn't have got himself into the wrong side of the road to follow you.

    And, lemme tell you something. I myself am totally like you when it comes to meeting new people and talking to them. Like you, I'm never rude to them but, I act stupid and reserved. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ *Clink*....you are definitely on d road 2 becomin my fav ;) Well honestly the stopping-on-wrong-side-of-the-road thing made me doubtful as well dat there myt b sumthin here.

    V need more ppl like us cz I am tired of ppl riding me 2 b frndly! :) Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.. so gym is not a bad place to be afterall.. hey nd dat chap helped u out..well which means he has been gymmin for quite sometime.. ahaan nice.. i know i m thinkin too much but cant help ;) hehehe. which brings back some fond memories. hey nd even somethin similar happened to me.. more abt dat later.

    I know i m not a gud advisor in dese things but
    hey just enjoy da friendly company nd dont thnk nethng else for now...

    nd btw da pic u put up is really hot nd very aesthetic i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boi NextDoor......No, gym is not at all a bad place 2 b :)dont worry. i am just njoyin it. trying my best 2 not think much of it :) selecting a pic 4 dis topic ws really difficult. but when i saw dis pic, i knew i had to use it. waiting 4 2 hear bout ur fodn memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes nd if i post den it wud also be aptly titled "If he was Gay" :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot post :-)

    I hope something nice works out for you. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Gribsby.......thanx alot buddy. hope things work out 4 d best 4 all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to know that I am on the way to become your favourite! hehe!! :)

    And, now I am gonna read the latest post of yours. I haven't read it yet. *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaww. dont b pouty.my post aint goin nywhere. thnx 4 droppin by

    ReplyDelete