Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Natural Way

I have heard alot about homophobes ever since I joined d e-world. I have even seen homophobes on tv. But lately I personally got to meet my very first homophobe. There is a girl in my class and we recently started talking. She sends me text messages every day now which kinda bugs me because I dont wanna lead her on. Anyways, we were talking and at one point she made a joke about her not being into her girlfriend. So basically she said that she isnt a lesbian. I told her that even if she was, it doesnt matter to me. So this was her reply:

"Hey!! What do you mean it doesnt matter??? I like the natural way. Guys like girls and girls like guys. I hate the in-betweens!!! Yuck! Yuck!!!"

So according to her being gay is not natural. Hmmmm. It got me thinking that may be I am sufferring from amnesia. Because I dont remember the time when I was mutated by a mad scientist into being a gay guy from a straight guy!!


5 comments:

  1. hey... its not just about being natural or mutant.. i mean i have known and am friends with ppl who are very narrow minded about religion, caste, sex(M/F)....and there are so many really very bad things happening like child abuse and gang rapes and yes some unmentionable things too...

    I live in a democracy and one of its virtue is Tolerance. Polity tells ppl to be tolerant of each other.. but da problem is, it is very easy to make ppl intolerant from tolerant...i think wat we need is acceptance coz acceptance cannot become inacceptance...

    my fear is not when a homophobe will turn homophilic but da diff phobias such a prson will have nd how he will react when given a chance is scary...coz what happens in bedroom is ones personal affair but things are happening on roads and malls..public places

    i think we must be thankful to God that we are in a position to make choices nd are somewhat empowered o defend ourselves...

    Sorry for drifting away from the topic but these were the things that came to my mind on reading dis post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean a mad scientist?
    If someone had did something like that he is a Good Happy Scientist, who like to spread love and cheer in the world.
    Just because most of the straights are narrow minded what could we gays do, we are all broad minded, we don't say "yuck to straight", we welcome them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Boi.....yes, ppl need 2 learn 2 b tolerant. sadly many ppl just c things as black n white. but v knw dat there is a grey area also.

    @ Derric....Hahaha....i dont think @ all dat there ws ny scientist involvd! God made us how v r. Dude v r broadminded n wiser n oh so fabulous :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I would like to say about this post is that I loved the way you ended the post.

    Ask me! I've someone who's very close to me and he believes that being gay is being abnormal. He also said "This is India. It is not USA, that you can live your own life without caring for the hardships your family will need to suffer as you are gay!".

    THAT'S CRAP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ *Clink*....thnx 4 d comments buddy :)there are many ppl out there who think being gay is abnormal. I am not modest nuff 2 wish them well. I wish dat atleast for 1 day they switch places wid us n c wat if feels like.

    ReplyDelete