Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Bloody Problem

I am usually very cautious when meeting guys from the internet. You never know who might be on the other end. It could be a decent guy or an ax-wielding murderer. So in order to make sure that I know what I am getting into, I chat with the other guy at least 3,4 times and exchanging pics is a must. I once went to a blind date and......lets just say I wished I was blind! Only when a guy passes through all my screenings, then I agree to meet up. Mostly in that duration you can figure out which guys are just looking for hook ups and who is into more than just sex.

I started chatting with a guy a few weeks ago. He is an Omani and he can speak pretty good English which is a huge plus because mostly they dont have good command on English due to which it becomes very difficult to communicate with them. A guy told me once "Babi, I am very haarny." (Baby, I am very horny). I shuddered and pressed the block button. Yes I can be a real bitch when it comes to filtering people. I dont like to waste my time.Anyways back to the guy. So we had quite a good conversation, he taught me how to type in arabic and I taught him the meaning of some English words. We exchanged pics and he is good looking. Sometimes he used to flirt with me so I responded in that way. In short, we have become quite friendly.

However, most of the time he used to be at home. He told me he wasnt well, in the first chat. I figured out it might be. When he showed me latest pics of his, it seems to me that he had dark circles and his eyes were sort of a yellowish shade. When I asked him about it, he just laughed it off. So I let it go, pics can sometimes mess up the features. Anyways, we chatted for about 2 weeks and then he just disappeared. I didnt understand at first what had happened. He seemed quite into me but then you find weird people on the net all the time. So I placed him in the "Weird" category and moved on.


After about 10,12 days, he came online again last night. And he started the chat with "miss you". I was kinda pretty pissed at his disappearing act and me being me, I gave him a piece of my mind. This is how it went.

Me: "Are you kidding me? You disappeared for almost to weeks without any explanation and now you come and say miss you and expect me to say the same??? Where the hell have you been?!"

Him: "Sorry my friend I was sick."

Me: "Yeah you told me that two weeks ago and I wanna know what is it?"

Him: "I will tell you later."

Me: "You know what, I am tired of waiting. You keep on saying later. I wanna know NOW."

There was a pause for about a minute and I wondered if he had gone offline. Then his reply came,

"I have Hepatitis B"

Fuck!! I was horrified! And I felt so sorry for him. Now, I dunno much about hepatitis but I do know thats its not flu! And it can be transmitted! Anyways, I gulped down my shock and we chatted a bit about his illness. He doesnt know how he got it and he didnt tell me at first because people usually run away when they hear about it. Also, he says that there are periods when the virus is back and then its gone. And he was away because he was ill and resting. But now he is ok again and wants to meet me! I didnt know what to say so I stalled by saying that I have classes all this week. But I cant ignore him like this. I wont. Ignoring him or avoiding meeting him just because he has Hepatitis would be cruel. It might crush him and I wont do that to another human being! So I told him I will be free next week. But I am kinda worried now. What if he wants to kiss me? Can Hepatitis be transferred by a kiss? How do I avoid it? I tried reading about it on the internet but it was just loads of medical terms! So anyone who has any ideas, I'd really appreciate any useful information. Because frankly, yellow eyes? I cannot rock that look!

9 comments:

  1. Wow...that's harsh! I do recommend u not freaking out and completely cutting him off from u! Yea...it's pretty big howevr it's not something due to which u shud devoid that person being treated like a human being!

    So Hep B....well the good news is that u can get vaccinated against it..chck with ur parents they wud probably know if ur vaccinated or not! If not..i wud commend tht u get it done asap..it's an easy course...u get a shot then another shot after a month...n then the last shot after 3 to 6 months...there ur done against Hep B fr ur entire life!

    As far as the spread is concerned....the only way a person can get infected with Hepatitis is by exchange of body fluid so that is semen n blood...as far as my knowledge goes..u DO NOT get Hep B by kissing!!

    Also Hep B is curable....bt i think he wud already know that...and lastly if he drinks, advise him not to.....hepatitis is basically inflammation of the liver...alcohol further destroy the liver and hence progresses the fatality of the disease!

    Also....there is a basic rule of the online world; DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO PEOPLE ON THE GET GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here comes the savior our dr sahab phunky..hehe
    its can happen with kissing i guess.. bco u never know how is hisn teeth condition.. i may sound funny but its true..n trust me dnt believe in strangerss..i mean u gota meet him at least 5-6 times to know him in detail physically n mentally!bcoz any1 can pretend to be a star on the internet..anyways u just reminded me ofa girl..she had some problem i would say like itching n scratching her body all the time..thank God i dint go deep with her...i have always been scared of such things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aoa buddy,

    Firstly Hepatitus B is of two types:

    Acute Hepatitus B: is fully curable and the virus will not strike back again.

    Chronic Hepatitus B: is not curable, however, there are medications which may help in managing the virus as retained within the body.

    It is advised to avoid all body fluid contacts with the infected person. Be is semens, blood or even saliva from the salivary glands.

    Ur health is ur wealth. Do not distant or alienate him off. Just be honest and tell him why u were delaying the meet. Also, share with him the reason why u two can't get chiggywiggie as well. Be honest and be bold! However he should be the one with the disclaimer or warning tape, to inform u about it, or keep a distance with u in a sexual manner firstly.

    Also, do not socialize with stranger in a sexual manner so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ phunk....err, wats harsh? n i aint backin off dude. dats wat d post is bout. but i dont wanna take ny risks as well. so i sought all of y'all's help :) as 4 not gettin attachd 2 ppl, yeah rite! u r d one 2 talk :)

    @ sam...for me 1 meeting is enuff 2 get an idea bout d guy. so i agreed 2 meet him. lets c how it goes. i reminded u of a gal? guess dats bad :P but i am very cautious bout these things as well. which i y i never use any1's slippers or clothes :P

    @ adeel...WS my frnd. thnx for d saliva tip. dat ws d only missing thing i didnt knw bout. as for coming clean with him, i will. cz like u said, health is wealth. so i will tell him wats on my mind if he indicates he wants 2 do stuff. also, where did u get d diea frm dat i socialize in a sexual manner easily wid new ppl?? flirting is different. i need 2 b pretty cm4tble wid a guy 2 socialize sexually. which usually happens after 3,4 chats or more.

    ALL 3 of u, thnx alot for all d input. Really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harsh as in the hepatitis B revelation....that's harsh!!

    I checked...u do not get hepatitis from kissing unless u bite his tongue/lip really hard n cause a cut to happen which bleeds into ur mouth....u don't get hepatitis from kissing simply! However if ur not comfortable with the idea....best not let ne sort of physical contact of deepest intimacy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apologize for the intervention, but Hepatitus B forewarns against bodily fluid contacts and saliva is a bodily fluid itself. I might be wrong, but still, I wouldnt be daring to try, at this disposition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm. i also read bodily fluids but does saliva qualify? well honestly speakin i am gona avoid kissin. sorry, bt unless i am vaccinated n protected against it, i wont take no chances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. now m getting horny here !!
    hehe
    sorry for non serious comment

    ReplyDelete