Monday, February 28, 2011

Anniversary Surprises

Yesterday was my Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary. That also 25th. We had a wonderful time. But before going into details, a brief recap.

Mom was kinda feeling pretty down since the last two days. Part of the reason was that she wanted to celebrate her anniversary with our entire family in Karachi. But since none of us could leave our studies or jobs, we couldnt go. The other part of the reason was that her kids have grown up. Mom has always been very close and involved in our lives. We used to discuss everything with her. Well ofcourse apart from my gayness.But now we all have our own lives and things we cant tell her. We grew up. She is having a hard time accepting that. Due to which she was depressed and missing her family more.

I tend to try and do something special for my loved ones. Something which has me writen all over it :p So a month before the date, I wore my thinking cap and started going through ideas as to how to make this day memorable. Usually people give a big party and call all their friends. But we dont have a big friend circle. And most of our family friends are religious. Meaning segregation in the party. Hell no!. Budget wasnt much so I decided to decorate the lounge in themes of silver and white. So I bought silver streamers, fancy ribbons and stuff. But I wasnt satisfied. I wanted something more. Then I saw an arch-shaped thing somewhere, all decorated and beautiful and new that I wanted it! I just wanted a beautiful arch in the lounge!

The next part was figuring out how to make one! And yes I wanted to make one. Personal touch. I went to so many places to get an idea. I even considered getting logs of wood and making one myself! Sweaty shirtless woodcutter, HOT! :P Thank God I didnt know where to get wood from. So I got two cloth stands, you know the ones on which you can hang your clothes, and decided 2 used them as an arch. I covered them in a beautiful silverish cloth and streamers with hand knitten number "25" and "Happy Anniversary" hanging from it. Two days before the anniversary, I went to Chris's house and set everything up. And on 25th Feb, at 5:30 AM, my siblings and I got up and started the decorations. We finished everything up around 10 AM and that's went Dad entered the lounge. He was shocked for a second and then this broad smile came on his face and he kept smiling for a minute or two, looking at everything.

Around 12 pm I got a call and had to go to my room because it was a very dear gay friend of mine and we talk openly which I couldnt do with my family sitting around. After the call I came back to the lounge and saw that Mum was awake and had seen it all. Saying she looked shocked would be an understatement. She came and hugged me and got all teary eyed and super emotional. That whole day Mum was SO happy. She hugged me three times the entire day which rarely happens because I dont usually hug :P Seeing that her children made efforts to make their parents happy seemed to restore something in her. I could feel it. That day we took many pics and they were awesome, mostly because of me decorations :P I really really wanna post pics of the decor over here so I can share with you guys. But cant.

I rarely feel proud to be gay. Usually due to being gay, my life is filled with all sorts of crap. But if it werent for my gay side, the thought of doing all this would never have occurred to me. The glowy and happy look on Mum's face and in her eyes? Totally worth the crap :)

7 comments:

  1. hey buddy.. A BIG hug to u for doing such a beautiful thing .. and most of all caring and thinkin about ur Mom so much .. u know she must be very proud of U and yes i am very proud of U....And yes I want to see da pics of ur parent's anniversary and u dont have a choice. will message u my email id on orkut...:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i have finally made another post on my blog...U inspire me dude...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Addy.....thnx man :)

    @ Boi NextDoor.....and he makes an appearance again :)thank u for d compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ultimate Intricateness: No buddy i was following ur blog but didnt know wat to comment on ur last few posts..especially on the Chris wala episode..
    Btw after reading ur posts i always think that will comment on it aaram se but me being me tomorrow never comes hehehehe..But that doesnt mean i dont Love u .. its just that im a lil busy :P
    and btw i still need da anniversary pics especially of ur Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely you are gay 100 %, if not never will have that creative gene germinated.
    Hey i should have invited to decorate for the party..next time babes, your ideas will be accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Boi NextDoor....bout d pics, will let u knw when i get the myself. v used 2 frnd's cam. so waiting 2 get them back

    @ Derric....sure man. V both will create an awsome party! :P

    ReplyDelete