Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A FOREIGN AFFAIR

The internet has made the world such a small place. I live in Oman but I have made friends in US, UK, India, Pakistan and Dubai. The thing is, I made friends without seeing where the person lives, but I didnt expect one of them to actually turn up in Oman.

A few days ago I mentioned a guy on my blog. You can read about him here. We have been chatting on and off since then. A few days ago he mentioned that he would be coming to Oman for 3,4 days. He called me Saturday morning and told me that he is on his way to Muscat and would reach in the afternoon. He suggested we meet up in the evening. So I cut short my teaching class and met him.We went to the beach, walked for a while and then sat down at a real quite place. We were together for about two hours and mostly we just spoke about his ex. He is in love with his ex who is now committed to someone else. At the end of the meeting when I was leaving, I wasnt expecting him to contact me again because he mentioned that he only meets guys once and also because he had no interest in me. No he didnt say this but if a guy talks more about his ex than you, then you sort of get the impression that he isnt into you. After the meet-up, I went out for dinner with my family. During dinner I got a text from him asking if I could hang out with him after dinner. I couldnt so I refused.

The next day I was leaving for gym when I got  a call from him asking if I could meet him. I had an hour to spare so I agreed. We met up and I came back home after four hours!!! :P We went to his hotel room and hung out there. Now, people. Stop your wild imagination. We didnt have sex. The pants stayed on. The pants ;) I had a real good time. And he seemed to enjoy as well. We talked, joked, kissed, cuddled. Then I had to leave because Mum was getting worried. He was here for four full days and we met everyday. Three times we went to his hotel and once we went to KFC to have dinner which he termed as "my date". I never let anyone pay for my dinner when I am on a date. But in this case, the look in his eyes told me that I wouldnt win so I let him pay. The poor guy did my pick and drop every time. Once he even came to pick me from my house even though he didnt know it was my place. Just a coincidence. I have a few shops under my house and he knew that place so he thought he'd meet me there.

Today was his last day in Oman. He had planned to leave around 10:30 AM. He was about to leave when he got a call for a meeting at 12:30. He had more than an hour to kill so he called me and came to pick me from my house. We met up, stayed in the car, listened to songs and talked. When it was time for his meeting, I shook his hands and he left. Later I realized that I didnt even hug him. And that sort of made me sad because he told me his next visit might be in May. He texted me when his meeting got over and I sort of mentioned that we didnt even hug. After a few minutes he asked me to come down. I thought he was messing with me but when I came down, he was actually there! We hugged tightly and I kissed him stealthily on his cheek. My first ever PDA!!! Then he finally left. I later got to know that he had left his car under my building and gone for the meeting in his client's car :p But still, for a few minutes I got to feel precious! ;)

Even though he left around 2:30 pm, we kept in touch till 7:15. He kept texting me about where he is and how the conditions on the roads are. Protests are going on in Oman and I was worried. And just now I received his text about reaching home. Even though its obvious that he is in love with his ex and he kept talking about him, I connected really well with him. He struck chords in me that no one has before. And he came more close to my life than anyone else from the internet has. He saw my house and he actually saw Chris and Brian. In a way I am a little glad that he left today. I will miss him yes, but any more meetings and I would've started getting attached to him. And what's the point of checking out paths that you are not gonna take right?

My life here is usually pretty dull. Class, gym, occasionally hang out with friends and surfing the net. Nothing out of the ordinary routine. But this four day rendezvous was a very refreshing experience. One that I will cherish for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Muuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    that is for being such a sweet heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and sweet heart , did you think i have gone nuts or some thing??...... hello.

    I was touched by the jester of meeting you in the night

    ReplyDelete