Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Valentines day. Ugh. I have always been a supporter of Valentines day. Although some of my friends are not in favour of it. They ask me that "why do you need a day to show someone that you love them?" Sure I agree with them. You dont need a particular day to show people that you love them. But who shows their lover how much they love them every day? Sometimes people even forget to say "I love You". So if you are getting one day to show someone how special they are to you, then why not do it?

Anyways, I wasnt expecting to post about my Valentines day since I dont have any Valentine. But a few things worth mentioning happened so i thought why not. It has been a long time since I blogged. My Valentines day started with a message from my ex-girlfriend Claire!

"Happy Valentines Day to you.....hope you are doing good"

It was actually quite a shock for me because I wasnt expecting it at all. Partly because we arent exactly friends anymore, just cordial if we meet somewhere. And also because I met Claire a few days ago in a festival organized by our old school where we used to go together when we were dating. But this time she wasnt with me. She was with her new boyfriend. Yup, you read it correct. Claire apparently has a boyfriend. The festival went downhill for me from then on partly because she had moved on and also because my school time friends (who knew we were a couple) kept asking me who was the other guy. I didnt even wanna go to the festival in the first place because I knew she'd be there. But Brian forced me to go. And as a treat, I got to see her with a new guy.

Anways, back to valentines day. So i asked her if her boyfriend knows that she is wishing her ex. Apparently he did. It took me a little longer than usual to go to sleep that night. Got up the next day and went to a Valentines day party in my college. Usually I am not much of a party guy. I only go if I know my friends are coming. But this time I just didnt care. I needed a change. And it was a good change. I had fun socializing and being an idiot for a change.

After that me and a gay friend of mine had decided to meet up and watch a movie. His boyfriend was busy so he was alone. So I went to his place to celebrate our alone-ness. He had gone to get a few things so I waited outside his house. He returned a few minutes later.......with his boyfriend right behind him. I quickly re-arranged my expression to happiness and greeted them both and we went inside. Now people let me tell you, when you are alone in a room with your friend and his boyfriend on Valentines day? It's fucking horrifying!! The big elephant in the room (who no one wanted to address) was when the hell was I leaving. But I couldnt leave just then, it seemed obvious. So I sat with them for an hour or so. Now I wish I hadnt done that. Watching them together, the way they teased with each other, flirted, sat closely with their bodies touching and all, it just made me see what I didnt have. And that is not a good reminder when you are alone at Valentines day!


When I left his place I was quite down. My evening of enjoyment with my friend had turned into a pit of depression. It took me a trip to KFC to cheer me up. Then I went home, watched a movie and waited for this  bloody day to get over.

2 comments:

  1. I thought chocolate was the cure to all the matter of the heart? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how could you stay there and be a bug in the passion of Valentine's Day love making? Idiot.

    But i guess if you friend did not say anything then i guess he did not have any issues in having you around. Or to him the Valentine's Day meant spending time with the people he like, may you are in that circle, or may be he has got a huge crush on you or may be he wants to make his boyfriend jealous for a passionate love making session later on. Possiblites are many.

    ReplyDelete